How P&G created a ‘ready for anything’ supply chain

In 2012, Hurricane Sandy took down Procter & Gamble’s Avenel, N.J., plant.

At the time, the facility made 91% of P&G’s perfumes. The other 9% were made by five manufacturers in that same area who are also essential suppliers of raw materials for the fragranced products P&G makes. 

It came back online with a generator and a skeleton crew after two and a half days — a seemingly small interruption in the grand scheme (the CPG giant has since sold the plant). At the time it was deemed a relative success.

Read the full story at www.SupplyChainDive.com

Advertisements